I'm Jeff, a BSA/AML compliance consultant.
I most recently served as Chief Compliance Officer at bitFlyer USA, where I led the Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, and Risk departments. Throughout my career, I have designed comprehensive compliance programs, managed customer onboarding(KYC) and transaction monitoring(AML) teams, and procured licenses globally for various cutting edge financial services.
I am available for consulting and contract work in all areas related to regulatory compliance for money transmitters, money services businesses, and financial services companies.
Schedule a free 30-min consultation with me:
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
Here are a few things I've done for my clients:
- Act as outsourced Compliance Officer
- Write AML Policy, and assist with implementing lean internal controls
- Design KYC and/or AML processes from the ground up
- Help founders understand the regulatory requirements of being an MSB
- Create and deliver compliance training
- Improved customer onboarding and KYC efficiency
What I’ve Done
CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER, BITFLYER
Led the Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, and Risk departments. Oversaw successful regulatory exams, including FinCEN/IRS and NYDFS
FIU MANAGER, GOOGLE
Managed investigative oversight of multiple payments technologies across many regulatory regimes across the globe.
COMPLIANCE OFFICER, COINBASE
An early employee at Coinbase, where I helped build regulatory and law enforcements relationships, as well as a patented customer risk scoring solution